Camp at Nakula NAR.
Restoration volunteers and staff members take a break from hiking on their way to the top of Nakula Natural Area Reserve. It was a very wet trip with lots of waterfalls running through Nakula's gulches.
Maui Forest Bird Recovery Project gladly accepts material donations. Every little bit helps and is needed. We appreciate your desire to help our organization. With your support, your donated materials will help project funds go towards project goals of research and recovery of native forest birds.
For easy purchasing, we have an Amazon Wish List here.
- Rain pants (Cabelas Women's and Men's pants or REI Rainwall pants or Mountain Hardwear Plasmic or Returnia for examples)
- Rain jackets (Mountain Hardwear Men's and Women's Finder or Ion Jackets or REI for examples)
- Oil and brake changes for field vehicle maintenance
- Field camp consumables (toilet paper, paper towels, biodegradable dish soap, large garbage bags, Ziplocs or Costco Gift Cards)
- Insoles for boots
- Office supplies (Copy/printer paper, envelopes, printer cartridges, stamps)
- Rubber Boots (Women’s size 7, 8, 9 and Men’s size 9, 10, 11)
- Leather Hiking Shoes
- Rite in the Rain field notebooks
- Kitchen items for camps and intern housing (spoons, measuring cups, knives)
- Landscaping help
- Printing services
- Work Gloves
- Graphic design services
- Fuel for field vehicles (Gas station gift cards)
- Nikwax Tech Wash and Wash in
- Wood to make platforms (2x4s, 4x4s, concrete blocks)
- Dry Bags
- Tents and Footprint or Kelty
- Backpacks (Kelty Men's and Women's, Mountainsmith)
- Gaiters (such as Outdoor Research Men and Women)
- Binocular suspenders
- MP3 player for bird playback
- GoodNature A24 traps, CO2 cartridges, and bait
- 70% Isopropyl Alcohol
For other ideas, contact us:
Hanna - mounce AT mauiforestbirds.org
Please also see our volunteer information.